Monday, October 9, 2023

Sailor Earns Heroism Medal For Actions During Club Q Mass Shooting, Says “I Wanted To Protect” My People

Sailor Earns Heroism Medal For Actions During Club Q Mass Shooting, Says “I Wanted To Protect” My People:



The Navy Times reports:


A Navy sailor who intervened to halt a shooting at a Colorado nightclub in 2022 received the Navy and Marine Corps Medal on Thursday. Information Technician 2nd Class Thomas James and Army veteran Rich Fierro both confronted an assailant who began firing a high-powered rifle at an LGBTQ nightclub, Club Q, on Nov. 19, 2022, according to Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez.


James had grabbed the barrel of the weapon and restrained the gunman until the police arrived and took the assailant into custody, a Navy press release said. He suffered a gunshot wound in his abdomen and burned his hands as a result of his actions. The Navy and Marine Corps Medal is the highest noncombat award for heroism and typically is awarded to those who put their own life in jeopardy.


Read the full article. “I wanted to buy time for my friends. I wanted to protect my community.”








The post Sailor Earns Heroism Medal For Actions During Club Q Mass Shooting, Says “I Wanted To Protect” My People appeared first on Joe.My.God..


http://dlvr.it/SxD6Qw